It’s been a long time since I last did a personal update. But yesterday I realised that 2017 is ALMOST done. How did that happen? If I want to do all the reading and writing that I had initially planned for this year I’d better get started! So here are some plans for what’s left of 2017:
- I have selected some books that I must read before the new year comes. I won’t share the list here, but I can tell you that most of them are crime fiction written by women (no surprise!), and I have been waiting a long time to read them. But is there a time better than the present?
- There will be some bookish recommendations for Christmas. Stay tuned!
- I have been working long days of lately, so I have only been reading books that I am very, very passionate about. I have just read the second installment in the DC Connie Child series by Sarah Ward and I loved it. Can’t wait to rave more about it next week. After so much crime fiction I felt like I needed something different, and I chose to read Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler which was a fantastic tale about food, love and female adulthood. Highly recommended.
- Christmas is a time for cozy reading and hot chocolate. So I am looking for some crime fiction to add to my list. Right now I am thinking of The Mitford Murders by Jessica Fellowes, but I have not read my collection of Mitford letters, so I know little to nothing about the sisters. Do you have any more recommendations?
- I am looking for book and literature magazines to read. There are many ways to read, and I think that magazine-reading is very different to book-reading. But I still want to read about books, so do you have any recommendations? Please comment below
So, more reviews and interviews soon. Remember that there will be a new She Writes post this Friday, and more reviews next week. See you soon!