It has been a while since I last blogged, but there were a lot of things going on. So, here’s a little update in the middle of my Spring Break:
- I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to fill in the form to be a TEDx speaker. Lucky me, I got chosen and a month later I was on the stage talking about my passion: crime fiction. It was scary and amazing, but above all, I learnt that stepping out of your comfort zone is something we should all do more often.
- I finally started watching True Detective and the first thing I have to say is that I want a leather notebook to bring to my crime scenes. I know I do nto have any crime scenes… but can I least have the Southern drawl, please? Bear with me, I am still on episode 2 and then we can talk about that amazing finale you all talk about.
- I managed to get a review copy of the following books:
- Someone Else’s Skin by Sarah Hilary.- I heard about this on Twitter and I almost harrassed the Sam, the publisher, for a review copy. Lucky me, I got one (and Sam was amazing.)
- Linda, as in Linda the Murder by Leif G W Persson.- I read about this at a few blogs and I loved the idea of a murder at a police academy.
- Blue Monday, Tuesday’s Gone and Waiting for Wednesday by Nicci French.- I was emailed by the publisher to review Waiting for Wednesday and, cheeky me, I asked for the two previous books in the series. Luckily, I was emailed the three of them.
- I finally discovered that I need writing to be happy: a writing day is a happy day.
- I no longer have to attend lessons… in 3 years, which is kind of bittersweet, but I can’t wait to start this new chapter!
So, are you enjoying your Spring Break?