I have been doing some very interesting reading around the web of lately, so here it is a compilation of the posts that I liked the most and that I think you will enjoy as much as I did:
- O tweeted a link to this article on The Guardian: Don’t stop prisoners receiving books, they’re a vital rehabilitation tool. I am appalled by the Ministry of Justice not allowing prisoners to receive books anymore. I visited the state prison’s women section over here last year and they were very proud about their library although it mainly contained romance novels. One of the women said to me that she had rediscovered reading and, in a more practical way admitted that either you kept yourself busy while in there or you went crazy, and books worked perfectly for this.
- Sam Baker also twitted a link to an inspiring Gloria Steinem quote on the event of her 80th birthday, but the link was not working, so instead I found it here. Happy birthday, Gloria!
“I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.”
- I had the pleasure to listen to the one and only Sylvia Plath’s voice on this BBC interview via Brainpicker’s soundcloud. I do not know why, but I imagined her voice quite different!
- I got to ask writer Emma Donoghue a question via IndyBooks and she answered me! Here it is:
- I read Fastco’s “6 Simple Habits to Keep You Consistenly Happy” and one of them I’ve been trying to practice for weeks: getting up early so you get a lot of things done and then feel liberated.