Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Many of you have joined the TBR Pile Challenge and I admire you for it. I didn’t join mainly because I like to keep my reading free since I tend to follow a lot of schedules and rules in other parts of my life. Adam kindly invited me in today and although I refused, it felt great because it reminded me I’m part of a community with the same problem: piles of unread books.
I must admit the original title of this Top Ten Tuesday was “Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy” but I changed it because many of the books I’ll be mentioning are review copies or gifts from those who support my addition, especially my wonderful man. So here they are!
1. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler.
2.The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
3. A Room of One’s Own and Three Guineas by Virginia Woolf
4. London Fields by Martin Amis
5. Almost English by Charlotte Mendelson
6. Emma by Jane Austen
7. Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson
8. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
9. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
10. When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro