January 8: Top Ten Bookish Goals For 2013
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
1. Switch off the TV a little bit and read more.- I usually tend to watch TV a lot, especially since I own some TV shows on DVD/Bluray and that keeps me away from my books. I enjoy both activities, but I also realise I should read a little bit more.
2. Reduce my TBR pile.- I think we all want to do this!
3. Read more of those books one has to read.- I’m refering to landmarks in literature, most of them from the 19th century onwards.
4. Read some non-fiction.- I’m the biggest non-fiction fan, but I do think I should explore the genre in detail before. All I ever read regarding non-fiction was Eat, Pray, Love and Wild and they were both horrible readings I would not even recommend to my worst enemy. Of course, academic readings are always present in my life and count as non-fiction.
5. Continue reading the Jenny Cooper and Kay Scarpetta series I started in 2012.
6. Use my Sony e-reader more.- I bought it and I really like it but somehow I tend to read physical books rather than e-books. That’s the reason I’d like to give them a chance.
7. Explore new bookish blogs and subscribe to them.
8. Keep a record of the quotes that impress me or which I find meaningful so that I can share them here.
9. Buy a bookcase for my Sony e-reader to carry it around and meet purpose 6.
10. I was given a blank cookbook yesterday and I plan to fill it with great recipes.